Monday, August 8, 2011

It isn't all that different...

So Michael and I have been married for about 2 weeks now. And with the exception of about four things, I don't see much difference in the before and after... I am really glad about this. I was secretly afraid that things would be different, but they don't seem to be. So here are the four things that are noticeably different.


1. When I get up in the morning I have to find Michael's wedding band to go along with all of his stuff. I get up when  he gets up, and find everything he needs to have to start off successful for each of his work days. Yes I know this might sound lame, but it's apparently my most important job. So as I round up his cell phone, ID badge, wallet, and sun glasses, I now round up the beautiful white gold wedding band that used to be his grandfathers.


2. When we first started dating, I called him boyfriend a lot. When we got engaged, boyfriend changed to fiance with a few slip-ups on both of our parts every know and then. But now, instead of calling him boyfriend or fiance, I call him husband and he calls me wife. Its really weird, and I bet that it'll take some time to not be odd.


3. I don't have to have a remote controlled hand mixer anymore. I love to bake and cook, so I used my hand mixer multiple times a week. It go to a point that the poor thing wouldn't turn off, so my lovely then-fiance fixed it to become remote controlled. Gee life with such a handy engineer :). But after the wedding on our one day "honeymoon" we went and cashed in gift cards and some of the cash we had received (Thank you so much to everyone...yes I am working on thank you cards) and really splurged on a Kitchen-Aid Professional 600 Series stand mixer. Not only did I get the man of my dreams, but I also go the kitchen appliance that I dreamt of that goes beyond my wildest dreams.


4. My last name is different. Truth behold, its still legally Anderson, but I changed it on Facebook and apparently that makes it completely official. We are still waiting on the official marriage license to come in and then I have to go buy a certified copy and start the long tedious process of legally becoming Mrs. Gardner. Before the wedding I had some apprehensions about changing my last name, because I was leaving my dad to be the last of the mohicans. But I am starting to like the sound of Mrs. Jessica Gardner. Weird. 


But that's about it. We didn't have to move in together and merge the belongings. We didn't, seemingly, have anything else be different, but who knows?


Until later,
--Jessica


As a side note, I need some prayers please! I am struggling with the fact that I will not be a full time teacher (unless the earth moves) for the 2011-2012 school year. I know that there is some fantastic plan already laid out and in motion for me, but its still a major struggle.





1 comment:

  1. Get it girl, I'm so very proud of you...you deserve EVERY good thing that comes your way. Much love, HK

    ReplyDelete