Thursday, January 26, 2012

24 Day Challenge...

I really want to try Advocare's 24 Day Challenge, but right now thats out of reach for me. I also want to walk/run a 5k. I've started doing yoga on Monday's with a group of women from work. It was pretty awesome, and I found some of those muscles I've forgotten about... and a couple that I keep trying to forget about.

When I got home from work today, Michael desperately had a video clip he wanted to show me. He had watched GMA this morning, and was greatly entertained by their clip about obese pets and dogs people had sent to fat camp. You can catch the clip here.

As it has been very springlike here in ATX, I decided to take Annie, my own obese Lab Mix for a walk. First I had to convince her to get up...

(please ignore the dirty towel and sock...)

It wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be... I grabbed the leash, and clicked the connecty thingy and she was wiggling like a turtle on its back to get up. Finally she was successful...
We took off to walk around our neighborhood. We walked and explored for at least 30 minutes. I made sure to time it so that we would get in 30 minutes of exercise...

In those 30 minutes I discovered Annie is afraid of:

  • Toddlers
  • Strollers
  • Toddlers in strollers
  • Other dogs behind fences
  • Airplanes
  • Loud booms
  • White SUVs parked at the mail cluster boxes
  • Runners who approach from behind
  • The Intellectually Disabled man from the group home on my street that was standing in the middle of the sidewalk screaming "GRACE".
The trip was highly eventful. She was very tired when we got home; after all, she spent 30 minutes trying to hide behind me while in motion. Its an incredible workout...


She was so tired afterwards that she only half heartedly begged for table food during dinner. AND she didn't get any.

So this is day 1 of 24. We are going to walk at least 30 minutes for 24 days. Let's do this.

---Jessica G.

1 comment:

  1. When ever you are ready to try the 24 day challenge, let me know. My cousin is currently on it and has lost 10” on her arms, 6” on her hips, and about 4/5” on her waste in less the two weeks. I can get you started whenever you are ready.

    www.rosariochallenge.com

    Christie Ceballos-Rosario

    ReplyDelete