Sunday, January 8, 2012

I admit I'm a food addict...

So far the whole eating better thing is working out better than I thought it would. I am officially 6 days soda free! That is such a big deal for me.  I'm alternating water and Sweet Leaf Diet Citrus Green Tea. It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, my name is Jessica and I am a food addict. I think I've known it all along, but it kind of hit home the other day, when I was watching some news special about a woman who was trying to loose 20lbs in 2 weeks. The news segment peaked my interest, and while I was watching the lady down a bag of funyuns (which I really wanted...) I had the epiphany.

I've been focusing on fighting the addiction. Yesterday, I was really unmotivated around the house, because I was so concentrated on the m&ms I wanted. I thought about those stupid m&ms for about 36 hours. Finally, I had a small handful... and they didn't taste that good. Now I don't have the urge anymore.

Today, I gave into the baked potato cravings that I've been having since Friday. I picked the smallest in the bag and didn't add the bacon bits... its a start right?

I know why I was so focused on the food... and it's due to the panic attack that I brought upon myself on Friday afternoon when I got home from work. I don't know another way to deal with the stress. I've been eating for comfort for the last 24 years... All I know is I have to find another way to cope.

Banned Food List

  • Ice cream
  • Left over christmas candy
  • Herr's Baby Back Potato Chips
  • Chocolate Ice Cream
  • Vanilla Wafers
  • M&Ms
  • White Potatoes


I'm still taking it one day at a time.

---Jessica G. 

No comments:

Post a Comment