Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year's Resolution

Call me a follower. Call me predictable.

My number 1 New Year's Resolution is to loose weight.

Right now, I want nothing more than to go grab a handful of those m&ms that are stashed in the deep dark depths of the pantry from making gifts for work.

I resisted the urge to cook a baked potato full of yummy butter, cheese, and bacon bits. I might be drooling right now...


Today marks the 4th day without any soda, and day 1 without any caffeine or any chocolate (thanks PBS for those brownies at the staff meeting yesterday...).

It's hard. But I'm drinking a protein shake in the morning for breakfast, having a midmorning snack of greek yogurt with a multivitamin, usually dinner left overs for lunch with a glass of unsweet tea, something completely unhealthy for my afternoon snack, and then a usually healthy dinner. and TONS of WATER.

I need suggestions for my afternoon snack. Two days of chips and queso  is counterproductive.

I've started excercising too. Baby steps and all...since I'm incredibly out of shape. I'm following this thing I found on pinterest yes I is a crack baby...what's it to you. and it comes with four stages.

So far I've completed day 3 of 20.
And the best part about it... Annie completely freaked out when I did my 40 jumping jacks.

-Jessica G.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Jessica! WTG

    I really like this website for tracking food. I started using it to prove to my family that I was getting enough protein, but kept using it. http://www.myfitnesspal.com

    - Kealy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Yoga is really good for feeling centered and getting a work out. It naturally makes you want to eat healthier, too as you practice. You do good things for your body on the mat, so naturally, it carries into your life off the mat. As far as afternoon snacks go, try edamame with Braggs Liquid Aminos. Edamame is a soybean (read: protein) and the liquid aminos are straight up amino acids (the building blocks for protein) and it's a soy sauce substitute. It's delicious! Fruit is always a good snack as well :)

    Best of luck to you on your journey :)

    ReplyDelete