Saturday, March 24, 2012

Here's a toast to all those who hear me all too well

Eve 6: Here's to the Night... Class Song for the RHS Class of 2005


A friend of mine from well, kindergarten, posted pictures to facebook of 50 people that I have known for the majority of my life. That's a hazard of growing up in a small town. I can look in my kindergarten yearbook and show you pictures of the same people when we were seniors.


Of course some people transitioned out of our lives earlier or came in to our lives at a later date, but for the most part we stayed relatively the same.


Now its been almost 7 years (in may) that we've graduated, and 10 years (November) since we lost one of our own forever.


On November 8, 2002 we lost a dear friend in Heather. Long story short she died in car accident after leaving basketball practice. At fifteen, that proved to be one of the most life alternating events, that I had experienced to that point. You are missed everyday Heather.


The mighty RHS Class of 2005 celebrated many triumphs are senior year. We finally went to the football playoffs, we sent athletes to state in various other sports, and our One Act Play placed 2nd at State. Such a memorable year of my life; every experience of that year changed who I was.


Now almost seven years later:


  • I've lost and gained friends, each who has had a profound impact on who I am.
  • I lived with roommates
  • I lived by myself
  • I am a proud Red Raider- Graduating Class of August 2009
  • I watched my mom die
  • I fell into crazy strong love, and got married
  • I have moved every year for the last 7.  2012 has been the first year I didn't move once my lease was up.
  • I moved to Austin.
  • I have and continue to make many mistakes.

All of our lives have changed since we last saw all of each other. We've left home, got married, had babies, joined the armed forces... But we'll always be Bulldogs at heart. 

Here's to you, RHS Class of 2005.

-Jessica G.

No comments:

Post a Comment