Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Apathetic Much?

I hate politics.

Tonight was the presidential debate.

My Facebook was blown up with Obama sucks and Romney Rules or Obama is Awesome and Romney Sucks... Well basically.

Anyways... this is how I feel.




And I know some of you out there are like, "C'mon, get involved. Do what's right for your country. Be a good citizen."

Here are some truths:

  • I will vote, but I will most likely not discuss who I am voting for and/or what my politcal views are. Like my dad has always told me: "Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one"
  • Channels like CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, etc all suck. None of those channels can report an unbiased news. To error is human, and that is exactly what we are. Writers and announcers can not not put their own sides into it. And there is money behind it. And politics is driven by money.
  • I don't care about race, religion, or sex in the political race. Who is the best person for the job? Probably neither candidate to be honest.
  • As a teacher, I feel like I am getting the lower end of the stick. I am in one of the lowest paid professions and I get to shape the youth of America (scary huh?) I'd be happy if someone would make education a priority.

Until that day, I'll continue to be apathetic and to wish that I had the forsight to keep up with politcal events in order to deactivate my facebook.

No joke.

-Jessica G.

No comments:

Post a Comment