Friday, October 12, 2012

Proof Read

So, not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm a decent writer. People who read this thing tell me that occasionally.

And when I was in high school and college, I could usually whip up an "A" paper a couple hours before it was due as long as it didn't require research. And I usually didn't back over them.

Too bad college required LOTS of research.

Then I turned to blogging. Which leads me to last night.

Last night I was typing up a note to send home, and I asked Michael to listen to make sure it sounded okay. It was late, almost 11pm (which has completely become late since I get up before the sun and try to keep up with 22 kindergarteners) and I wanted to make sure that I didn't make any stupid mistakes. After all, it's going home and I don't want to sound like an idiot.

Glad I read it out loud.

Lots of mistakes.

Its not that it was bad, it's just at 10:45 last night (a teacher's job doesn't stop at 3:30 people--or whenever your kid's get out of school) I was tired. And my fingers couldn't keep up with my brain, so half of everything I was trying to say got muddled up.

Thank goodness for proofing.

And this conversation happened.

Me: "Okay, I'm done. I'm glad I read over that and fixed it."

Michael: "Yeah. No offense or anything, but you should probably proof read your blog. Its gotten kind of bad."

Me (laughing): "It's because I write them so late, I'm usually half asleep. It's a wonder half of them get posted."

Michael: "Like I said... you might do some proof reading."

And scene.

So here's my apology to you, the invisible reader. I'm sorry that most of the stuff I've been writing lately makes absolutely no sense. Maybe it didn't before I got my job, but I know how many post get abandoned for sleep.

Mmmmm Sleep.

-Jessica G.

No comments:

Post a Comment