Monday, January 21, 2013

The start of a long hard road.

So.

Two weeks ago I stepped on a scale and gasped.



I know that I am heavy, etc. But I've always had two weights in my head. One of them I've flirted with before and one of them I've never reached--haven't been near it before.

Now, I'm near it.

And that's no bueno. It kind of snuck up on me--my clothes (all but two pairs of pants that were questionable to begin with) still fit.

I think I have a ovarian cyst, which can have an effect on weight gain. But I won't know about that until the 24th. It's up in the air.

But the scale was kind of a wake up call. So the life changes I've made--change what I eat, add exercise--the same thing everybody does.

And I've cut out sodas. I have had any soda since Monday, Jan. 14th. Although I did try one last Saturday, but it was gross. And the carbonation hurt my mouth. I don't really crave them.

So here are my "before" pictures.



I'm not going to tell you how much I weigh.

But it's a lot.

And it's time for a change.

I'll give a weekly weigh in update.

After the first week, I lost 1lb.

We will see.

2 comments:

  1. I just typed a long comment and it disappeared! I am in the same place as you. I really started working out hard two weeks ago and have lost 3 pounds. I also stopped drink cokes on the 14th! I teach a class at the YMCA on Wednesdays at 6:45, you should come try it. Last week we burned 587 calories. We both can lose weight!

    ReplyDelete