Monday, April 22, 2013

Facebook Birthdays...

I love birthdays. Really I do.

Birthdays are a time of celebration: cake, ice cream, presents, a day of adoration and feeling special. The should be about you.

But I loathe Facebook birthdays.

Facebook brings about a certain amount of expectations. I mean hello. I have 400+ friends on my friend's list... Shouldn't I have 400+ birthday greetings? Pass. My wall would explode and I wouldn't be able to handle the attention.

And.

I feel guilty if I miss someone's birthday on Facebook. But let's be honest, I miss a lot of birthdays. I don't have time to sit down and write Happy Birthday to 400 people over the course of the year. Plus, I tend to ignore the reminder on the side. AND the emails.

Sorry. I must be a crappy friend.

Happy early/belated/on-time birthday to you!

-Jessica G.









----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like what you read? Follow me on pinterest and twitter and like me on facebook
Maybe I'll do something cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment