Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Final Diagnosis:Endometriosis


Sunday night I thought I was dying. Or I was really Bella from Twilight and my body was reenacting the scene from Breaking Dawn Part 1 when the fetus separates from Bella's body and there is ripping and screeching going on.



I was doing laundry, and I leaned to the basket to grab more clothes to fold. As I did that, I felt a ripping, tearing, burning sensation go across my abdomen. If I would've still had my appendix, I would've sworn it would've burst. It hurt. A lot.

Now, at any given moment, most people would be like, off to the ER we go. But Michael and I hesitate with things like that. Mainly because I'm cheap. Going to the ER costs $150 just to get into the door with my insurance copay. And seeing as the money tree hasn't fully matured, well... it's something that we seriously sit and talk about. We came to the decision that I was in no shape to go to work (wasn't that the truth), so I would call in to work and then the next morning I would call my OBGYN and/or my general doctor.

So, I called my obgyn the next day to beg to be seen. He was in surgery. ALL DAY. His nurse suggested I go to the ER, because of the pain and locale and need of a sonogram, etc. So we finally go. Now, we didn't go to the one in town, because my number isn't up yet, and even with my insurance I can't even remotely afford to pay them on their ridiculous payment terms.

So. There was the next debate. Where do I go? Do I go to Ennis where they are known for charging you an arm and a leg for things you didn't actually have? Do I go to Waxahachie even though they don't have a labor and delivery department, so they probably don't have an OBGYN on staff in the ER? Or do I bite the bullet and go ahead and drive to Big Baylor in Dallas? What to do?

My heart leaned to going to Big Baylor. I adore big hospitals in metropolitan areas. Something about doctors and large hospitals. aww. After talking to my dad, we decided to go ahead and go to Ennis. Closer.

Probably a big mistake. Michael and I ended up waiting for 3 hours for a 5 minute evaluation by a doctor. Basically, the doctor came in, pushed a couple of times on my stomach, made me lift my legs (to check for appendicitis, which he would know that wasn't a possibility if he um, took 2 seconds to read my chart and know that I don't have an appendix. or a gallbladder. BUT WHATEVER), and told me (after I told him that I have endometriosis and a history of large ovarian cysts) that I have endometriosis. SERIOUSLY???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?



He told me that he would come back with a shot (nurse came back with a pill) and would be back to tell me if I was pregnant (not) and if I had a UTI (not).



Never saw the doctor again. I did however see a different nurse who came in to discharge me with a barrage of prescriptions for Advil (so funny...), zofran, and a harder pain medicine.

Now, I can't say that I am unthankful for the harder pain medicine because it does give me relief. But. It causes more problems sometimes that it's worth. Because it makes me constipated.

And if you don't want to read about "going potty" then you might want to stop reading now. You've been warned.

Narcotics are notorious for making people constipated--you have to drink tons of fluid with them. And when I get constipated, I feel like I am going to die. Not only to I have the regular pain from whatever is going on in my uterus, I also have pains from when I have to go to the bathroom. Basically because the endometriosis and adhesions ( love adhesions... sticky spider webs on EVERYTHING. parhtay.) connect everything (bowels, uterus, ovaries, bladder, etc). All connected. And when ones in trouble, they all in trouble.

It sucks.




Any ways. To wrap up this novella, I called Dr. Cook (my OBGYN) yesterday and he is sending me to a very well renowned infertility doctor in Dallas. On Monday.

This just got real.

Pray for me, please. I'd like not to hurt. It sucks.




-Jessica G.





----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like what you read? Follow me on pinterest and twitter and like me on facebook
Maybe I'll do something cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment