Friday, August 2, 2013

August.

I'm not sure how it is August already.

It feels like summer just began, partly because the weather is just now getting to those crazy 100+ days (Thank goodness for 80s and 90s during July in Texas!) and partly because I was in such a funk the first two months of summer.

And now it's basically two weeks before I have to go back to work. Although, I've already been hard at work logging many hours in my classroom, trying to get things ready since I didn't really have the opportunity last summer. Basically to put it to the point, if you visited me at this point last summer, I'd still be sitting at the house that Michael and I rented in Austin, applying to hundreds of jobs all around the state, trying to get a teaching job. In 14 days from now, I can proudly say I've been employed as a teacher for a year.

I'm still in the mindset that a new year starts in August. I think its because I work in the education field, and that's when a new academic year starts. My blog turned one on August 1st (Although I technically was posting before August 1st of last year, I consider August 1st the blog birthday because that is when I pay to have the domain renewed...), my niece L wasn't even born at this point last year.

Crazy how time flies.

----------------------------

Since most blogs celebrate anniversaries with a give away I'll do one.

If you see me, and have read this, tell me. And I'll give you a free hug :)


----------------------------
Oh and one more thing...

Shout out to Z who started following this blog on Bloglovin'. You are totally rad!



---Jessica G.

PS. I know that was a very lame post, but it has taken me days to sit down and write. I've got about 7 unfinished drafts hanging out and I don't know if I'll have the motivation to finish them. I'm in a writing slump.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6382327/?claim=ndgae7fzcsc">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment