Tuesday, August 27, 2013

It's like carpal tunnel... But for the feet.

Most of you who have read this blog know that I am basically falling apart.

No gallbladder. No appendix. Severe endometriosis and adhesions. Allergies asthma.

Tonight I am going to share with you another part of my defectiveness.

I have tarsal tunnel in my right foot. Basically, it's the inflammation and irritation of the tendon that runs from your Achilles' tendon and ankle through the arch of your foot and connects to your big toe. Pretty important tendon. When it's a major flair up, I can't move my big toe.

I had surgery on my foot back in May 2007, leaving me with a 5 inch scar and loss of feeling along the inside of my foot.

There are things I can do to help prevent it. Mainly wearing shoes with good support and taking the pressure off. Avoiding flip flops is one of the biggest things I can do (which I did all summer. I rocked my Sperrys.).

Being back at work has basically caused a major flair up. During the day, as long as I stay moving I am mostly okay. But it's when I get home you can see the orange that some cut in half and put on each side of my foot. So at home, I'm rocking my orthopedic boot (and occasionally crutches) to help take down the swelling and discomfort.

Let's hope this works!!

Happy Monday y'all!

--Jessica G.




No comments:

Post a Comment