Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Sensory Issues... I have them.

I got back somewhat on track yesterday.

Meaning I went to the YMCA and actually got a workout in. I'll get to that in a second.

I did, however, destroy my diet with eating FOUR Little Debbie Frosted Fudge cakes.

At least now they are gone?

What can I say... I love me some chocolate cake.

Anyways. Its not even relevant to what I had in mind when I wanted to write this post. So I'll get to it.


Like I said, I went to the YMCA last week and got in the first solid workout that I have had since the end of June. My favorite class instructor went on maternity leave, and while this is no excuse, I used it as one. I also work with her, and I (unbeknownst to her I am sure) use her as an accountability partner... meaning she inspires me to eat better during the school day and I love going to her classes. She's fun to be around.

Okay. Not the point.

Back to it now.

I went to lap swim last night, which basically took me all summer to get to. I kept having one of these, I can't go, what if someone laughs at me, what if I can't finish my laps, Oh my goodness I have issues moments. Or I slept through it, because there is no way that during the summer I am getting up to go exhert any sort of physical activity before noon.

But last week... I went.

And I managed to get through 1/3 of a mile or 11 laps in the olympic size pool. You are probably thinking LAME. Swim farther. Be Dory... Just keep swimming. And I will, eventually. The entire time I was swimming I was thinking about how my grandmother who was in her seventies used to swim MILES a day in the same pool. Hello! Wake up! I've got some work to do.

After swimming I always tend to get some sort of small panic attack. No matter where I am, I'm probably going to freak out... just a little bit at least. Same goes for the rain... if I am caught in it. Or just getting out of the shower, especially when I am staying at someone's house.

Basically, I can't handle wet clothes.

AT ALL. Wet clothes are disgusting. I'm actually getting the heeby-jeebys just thinking about it. I can't do it.

I nearly had a panic attack. After I got out of the pool, I went to change. As I was showering off, in what must be the world's smallest shower, I struggle to get the wet suit off. And then drying off was even worse, because it was now nighttime, right before close. So the entire floor of the shower area was soaked. Disgusting.

And there were little boys EVERYWHERE. Hello. In the woman's dressing room, there were first grade age. NO. NO. NO.

I managed to get out before they shut the doors, but only just barely. I stood in the stall, trying to breathe and change my clothes and all I kept hearing was the "The YMCA will be closing in 15 minutes, 10 minutes, 5 minutes, etc." Thanks for the added panic guys.

Finally, I was able to work myself out of the pint size dressing room, with wet clothes. And no, I didn't need take xanax.

I think I am going to wait a while before I go swimming again.

------------------

I haven't actually made it back to the YMCA since the swimming issue. I packed a bag on Monday morning with all intentions with going... but I didn't make it. Maybe Wednesday?


Happy Tuesday Ya'll!

-Jessica G.



No comments:

Post a Comment