Monday, October 7, 2013

A little less angsty this time.

Consider this my official apology for Saturday night's angsty rant


So. I'm Sorry. I was a bit high strung, tired, and all woe is me.

I can't promise that I'll never do it again. So. Again. Sorry.

I would've written this yesterday, but I was still licking my wounds. And Michael and I cleaned.

Our master bedroom and bathroom are CLEAN and completely devoid of boxes. Let me say it louder: THERE ARE NO CARDBOARD BOXES IN OUR BEDROOM OR BATHROOM.

That is so huge for us. We are not the kind of people who immediately unpack every single box. We like to drag out the moving experience for MONTHS. I mean it. We closed on this house on November 30th. We still have a room (or two) full of boxes.

I like to blame it on the fact that since I moved out of my parents' house in the fall of 2005, I haven't lived in one place for more than 18 months. That's SEVEN years of being a nomad.

But then, we bought a house

I know people (my sister for one) like to unpack all the boxes, but if you don't, it an lead you on a scavenger hunt for months. Who doesn't want to find a box of dirty laundry 8 months after you move???

Basically we are lazy.

But that's okay. We aren't as stressed out about unpacking things because we know that we are going to be here for a while. And because it requires work. And work is generally one of those four letter words. I mean seriously! I also enjoy opening random boxes at a time. It's like Christmas all over again.

Anybody else out there a noncomplusive, box opener like me?

Since you've accepted my apology, here is a picture of our clean bedroom. It's much more boring now.




No comments:

Post a Comment