Saturday, October 5, 2013

Is this thing on?

Please excuse the ranty, self doubting nature if this post. I'm over here being all angsty.


Excuse me? Is this thing on???

If you've noticed (or even cared), I haven't been writing a lot lately. Mainly because I'm discouraged. And blue. But discouraged is mainly it.

When I started this blog it was right after I discovered (and obsessively read every post) BrittanyHerself. I figured that I can occasionally be witty, try to make people laugh, and bring my journaling into the 21st century.

Also, because this adventure started after we became a skint, one income family, I figured I could also use this as an outlet to bring in some extra cash.

Lets get this straight. The main point was and still is to share my thoughts and remotely try to entertain people.

But I did somewhat try to monetize this thing, if anything i wanted to pay for the yearly fees that I have for my domain (I'm using the cheapest and easiest option I can) I added Google's Adsense and Amazon ads. I have even spent hours researching and learning about things like SEO (search engine optimization), content quality, stat counters, HTML, and niches. I've followed social media protocols--I use twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, and Bloglovin all the time.

But I think that I've failed at the purpose that I set out to have with writing. I just wanted to be me and write about whatever I wanted to write about. But I don't think anybody cares to read it. And what's the point in continuing when you aren't achieving any of your goals? Because I set goals. I wanted to be successful at this--entertaining people through writing. But I am feel like I am failing. My own husband doesn't even read what I write. I know most of my friends and family don't either. And if those closest to me don't care about the things I want to convey through writing, why continue???

I might just be fueling off of my other frustrations in my life, but for now Inam very frustrated. And I question continuing...

Is anybody even out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment