Sunday, November 10, 2013

Days 5-10: 5 Things to be thankful for...

I spent all of last week sick, and while I know I blasted the blog wave and possibly your facebook feed with my blog posts, by Wednesday I lost control of basically life. I plan to be back to daily posts for these starting tomorrow!

So here are days 5-10 of things I am thankful for:

Day 5: Thankful for my in-laws

I am thankful for my wonderful in-laws who support Michael and I in so many ways. They offer advice, love, patience whenever we need it, plus so much more. Michael wouldn't be the gentleman that he is without them, and for that, I am forever grateful.

Day 6: Thankful for modern medicine

I was sick all of last week. I mean sick. I contracted strep and an upper respiratory infection. I thought I just had a cold with the complete intention of just sleeping it off. By Wednesday, it became clear with fever at almost 102, that it wasn't a cold. Thankfully, I was able to go to a LOCAL (!!!!) urgent care clinic, see a doctor, and get antibiotics to fight my ailments. Although it took a few more days, I was finally able to declare 24 hours fever free by Saturday morning.

And I know you are probably like, good grief, 5 days to recover from strep is a long time. Michael reminded me that the last time I had strep, I went to the ER and had to spend the night in the hospital because the infection had spread to my lymph nodes.

My immune system rocks.

Day 7: Thankful for my coworkers

I have the best coworkers that a girl could ask for. I have a super supportive administrative staff that works with you, and a wonderful kindergarten team. I am blessed each and everyday to not only work with my sister, but to work with some of the best teachers that inspire me to do my best each and every day. We know how to get things done, and to remain calm and roll with it. I love it.

We are turning up the heat!


Day 8: Thankful for Annie



 She's so much a part of me. I didn't realize a pet child could mean so much. I couldn't imagine life without this beautiful baby who loves her mommy SO much.

Day 9: Thankful for my church family
I started back attending church back last January once we got settled here starting with bible study and Awanas. I began volunteering to rock babies on Sundays and Krystal and I have been blessed with the opportunity to work with some wonderful people.

It's like a fabulous family with a wonderful group of people on the same kind of mission.

Grace has also be kind enough to bless Krystal and I with some leadership opportunities, and we could not be more excited... although we are sad to loose some great leaders!

Day 10: Thankful for days with the family
 Days like today, when I get to spend time with my dad and my sister and niece and friend are amazing. Its so simple, we could be doing anything. Today, we chose to go help my dad buy a new refrigerator, but often we just sit around the table for a meal, walk the front yard, watch tv, or stargaze.

It's family time like today, that helps me put other problems in to perspective, and for that I am grateful.



Super Sunday Sync




No comments:

Post a Comment