Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013 in Review


What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas at my own house. Last year we weren't able to close
in time to be able to host Thanksgiving. But this year I did it, and there is nothing better than having
huge gathering of family crammed around a small table, using my mom's china, and cooking food that I work really hard to prepare. It makes my heart so full.
Did you keep your new years’ resolutions?
Will you make more for next year?

I didn't make new years' resolutions for 2013. Instead, Michael and I
made goals for our home. We accomplished only one of those,
but it was by far the most important. We made a happy house. I plan to make some 
personal resolutions and we will make some of those home goals again.
Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. Several of my .coworkers did. 
Did anyone close to you die?
No.
What countries did you visit?
None.
What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A healthy body and self perception, and determination to get things done.
What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory?
December 6th. It was the day that I found out that someone was crazy enough to let me pursue a master's degree.
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing weight 16lbs, running a 5k, and getting into graduate school.
What was your biggest failure?
Gaining back 8 of the 16 lost pounds. And not keeping up with my working out routine. 
Did you suffer illness or injury?
Continual issues with endometriosis that required a 3rd surgery in June.
Strep throat that kept me down for a week in November.

What was the best thing you bought?
My husband a new phone. While it wasn't for me, it was greatly needed, and he was greatly deserving of it.
Whose behavior merited celebration?
Laura joined our kindergarten team and is so patient and kind.
Abigail for being an incredible mother.
Husband for being a steady rock in the storm.
Tabitha for being an incredible teacher and sticking it out even when it feels like its too hard.Jennifer for keeping a positive attitude and staying commited to your calling even when times are hard.Krystal for being rained on in 2013.
Where did most of your money go?Mortgage and bills.
What did you get really, really, really excited about?Getting into graduate school and running a 5k.
What song will always remind you of 2013?“Wrecking Ball” — Miley Cyrus
Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder?
Happier
Thinner or fatter?Thinner
Richer or poorer?Richer but not in a monetary way.
What do you wish you’d done more of?Working out. Not because of the weight loss goals, but because it makes me feel better and I don't get as sick!
What do you wish you’d done less of?Spent less time googling possible medical issues. I feel like I am such a hypochondriac at times.
How will you be spending Christmas?We spent Christmas Eve at my house with a dinner. Christmas morning at my sister's watching my niece open everything from toys r us  her presents. On Christmas night Krystal, Michael, and I went to see the Doctor Who Christmas Special at the Angelika. Then we did Christmas with Michael's parents at 11:00PM on the 27th and with his extended family on the 28th.
Did you fall in love in 2013?Everyday, more and more with my husband (barf).
How many one-night stands?Zero.
Who were your best friends?A, K, M, and T. All in alphabetical order.
What thing did you do that was meaningful to others?I kept this blog going. I got a point that I was very defeated about writing, but a few people told me that they actually look forward to reading this.
What were your favorite TV programs?Grey's Anatomy, Gossip GirlMake it or Break it, Don't Trust The B in Apt. 23, Agents of ShieldI obviously watch too much tv.
Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?Nope. I've tried really hard to accept people for who they are, and not be hateful.
What was the best book you read in 2013?Good grief. I don't think I can pick just one. But the best series that I read this year was the Divergent series by Veronica Roth..
What was your greatest musical discovery?Anna Kendrick. Girlfriend can SING!
What did you want and get?New cookie sheets for my oven and printer ink.
What did you want but did NOT get? MacBook Pro and a double oven
What were your favorite films this year?Pitch Perfect and Avengers 2
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?My 26th birthday was spent in the emergency room with my sister. She dislocated her knee and they couldn't get it back in. We visited two ERs that day.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?I could have done the pain from my endometriosis returning after only five short months.
What kept you sane?My family and friends. Netflix. Dr. Cook and Dr. Putman
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?I didn't really fancy any celebrity, but I am most concerned about Miley Cyrus and Amanda Bynes. They have always given an air of innocence... and then they went nutty. And nobody should be riding a demolition ball. 
What political issue stirred you the most?Obamacare. I like the idea of it, but the execution has made me angry. The first go around with the website frustrated me to no end. And then the application didn't go through. And having to have a 6,000 out-of-pocket before insurance kicks in defeats the purpose. Sooo frustrated.
Who do you miss?I miss three of my kindergarten team mates from last year. One moved away and two changed grade levels. Even though they are still around, it is drastically different!
Who are the best new persons you met this year?Laura- best addition to our kinder team
Everyone at church- I am so blessed to know each one of them.
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.Patience and perseverance. I've learned about it, but I haven't yet mastered it.
 I'll keep working on it in 2014. 
Quote that sums up your year:“Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” 
― George Burns

What made 2013 memorable for you?
Let me know in a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment