Monday, February 3, 2014

No excuses.

Today, I didn't let the excuses win.

On a typical day, I would think about going to the gym.

And then I would go home and crash on the couch in front of the T.V., watching whatever show that I am in the midst of a marathon with, and playing on Facebook.

But instead, I decided to turn right towards the gym today, instead of turning left towards home.  I had a shirt and pants left in my car from the failed 5k from the weekend (asthma flair up with wind and chilly weather= no 5k). But I didn't have athletic shoes (or socks for that matter), sports bra, or a hair tie. And I was 10 minutes late.

Normally, anyone of those things would keep me from going to the gym. Because I obviously can't work out with out a ponytail holder. My social anxiety rarely lets me walk into a place where I might draw attention-walking late into a workout class scares me to death.

Today, I didn't let anything stop me. I worked out in my regular bra, with my hair down, barefoot.

I'm glad I did. Even if I can barely walk.

(If  any of you are wondering where I have been the last month, let's just thing have been hectic with work, church, and graduate school. I'm trying to get back in the groove of things.)

No comments:

Post a Comment