Monday, April 28, 2014

Chester the Brave

Today I read a story to the kids in my class about a raccoon named Chester. Chester is curled up in his Momma's lap scared about having to recite his lessons in front of all the other animals at Owl's Tree House School. Momma tells Chester the story of a little robin who, although she didn't take flight the first time, is brave because she did something she was scared to do. 

I wish I was more comfortable being brave. Right now, I'm Chester, all curled up, too scared to do something new. 

I'm not good with change. I'm not good with handling my emotional roller coaster. I'm an over thinker and I usually take everything very personally and I am paranoid. 

And I feel like I am failing. Failing at my job, failing at my graduate school work, failing at having clean clothes. Failing at eating healthy and failing at being consistent with my workouts. 

I need to be more like Chester the brave. Chester stood up in class and recited his lessons. I need to be brave and less of the coward hiding behind streaming TV. 

Wish me luck. 

What do you need to be brave with? 

No comments:

Post a Comment