Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Weddings from a TLC Junkie

Let's just say I'm addicted to I love TLC programming. Shows like 19 Kids and Counting and Little People Big World are my addiction. I've been watching them since the Duggars had 13 kids and one television special. Same thing with Little People Big World.

I also like Cake Boss and DC Cupcakes, but those shows make me want cake and they aren't showing new episodes right now. Plus I've watched all episodes of those shows on netflix.

So. Weddings.

It seems like this fall is the season of weddings for the Duggars and the Roloffs. Currently, we are watching the process of Jill Duggar getting married. She is absolutely precious. Her fiance is also precious, and they are an adorable couple. Usually, I keep it together fairly well, but tonight's episode caused me to lose my composure.

They go wedding dress shopping. And its just so sweet. And I cried.

Jill is surrounded by her sisters, her sister-in-law, and mother. The love that is being showered upon her is breathtaking. And then they each read a letter to her. And there is crying.

I lost it when Michelle was reading her letter to her daughter. Picture me sitting on our living room floor doing some upper body weights and bawling. Thankfully, Michael came running from the kitchen to console me.

That part was hard for me. As most of you know, my mom wasn't around when I got engaged or married. She had already passed away. Choosing my wedding dress was difficult, because I was without my mom! My sister had had the distinct pleasure of having our mother involved in the wedding dress selection and even the wedding planning.

Thankfully, I had two wonderful people with me when I went dress shopping--my Aunt and my sister. In fact, I don't know how I got married without either of the two of them (or my two other besties, or Michael's entire side of the family).

Point is... weddings are a special time and having family with you is important.


What was a memorable family moment from your wedding? If you aren't married, what are you looking forward too?


No comments:

Post a Comment