Saturday, July 25, 2015

Celebration of Life

I met up with some girls that I have known practically forever. I hadn't seen them since our high school graduation, but it was great to get together to plan our 10 year reunion. One of the girls commented to me--she wondered where the time had gone. Time flies.



I never understood what my dad meant when he said that the older you get the faster time goes. But its true. As a kid I thought each day crawled by. Now, I look up and another year has passed.

That being said, time has flown. Today marks the 6th anniversary of my mom's passing. Today my family and I celebrate my mom instead of mourn her.


My mom (center) with my sister (left) and me (right). Early 90s.

I admit, it isn't all smiles when I think about my mom. In fact, the other day when I was on my way to the ER, all I wanted was my mom. Abigail put it quite right--I'm not her, but I look like her and I can act like her. And that made me feel better. 

I'm not going to go into all of the sad things that sometimes plague me. I could but then I'd be bawling and I'd rather not do that. Instead I celebrate how much my mom loved myself, my sister, and my dad. I celebrate how both my sister and I are eerily like her. I celebrate that my niece looks like her,  and has some of my mom's mannerisms. 

I love you mom. We miss you everyday. 

Mom and I Spring Break 2009. 

3 comments:

  1. March will mark the 7th year without my dad. It hurts, some years more than others, that's OK & normal. I know he's at peace without any hurting & knowing that God has him makes it that much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. March will mark the 7th year without my dad. It hurts, some years more than others, that's OK & normal. I know he's at peace without any hurting & knowing that God has him makes it that much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My biggest challenge is know that my mom is at peace and isn't hurting anymore. She hurt for many years, and while I hurt emotionally, I know she is much better off because she has been relieved of her physical pain. Thanks for reading!

      Delete