Tuesday, September 15, 2015

On the road to surgery: Week 1

This is part two in a series of posts that chronicle the latest installment of my struggle with infertility and endometriosis. This series does contain medical information. I am sharing my story so that others who may experience struggles of infertility know that they are not alone in your struggles. You can read part one here

I last wrote in July about how I was blindsided by pain and visited the Baylor ER in Waxahachie and found out that I had two ovarian cysts. I never updated, because it was a whirlwind and I never knew quite how to put it into words. I've since found my words and decided that the struggle over the last month and a half needed to be shared. I'm going to write this as a series chronicaling the last few weeks.

July 22, 2015- I went to the Baylor Waxahachie ER. The entire staff was amazing (shout out!) and took me seriously. I was diagnosed with having two ovarian cysts and was told to follow up with my specialist. They sent me home with some anti-inflammatories and some prescription pain medicine.

July 23, 2015- At breakfast the next morning, I made an appointment with Dr. Putman  to discuss the findings of the emergency room radiology reports and to discuss the beginning stages of fertility treatments. At the point, Michael and I had been trying for a child for a few months but have not had any luck. I included this into the visit because back in January at the post-op appointment Dr.Putman expressed that he felt that I had about a 5% chance of conceiving without medical intervention. I was eager to see what he had to say. The appointment is scheduled for the following week on the 29th. 

July 26, 2015- The smaller cyst ruptured as I was cleaning the counter in our master bathroom. The rupture was marked by the searing pain through my lower abdomen and me crying and laying on the bathroom floor. 

Up next: On the road to surgery:Week 2. I'll tell you about my appointment with Dr. Putman.

No comments:

Post a Comment